Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We Finally Did It

Sorry for the longer than anticipated absence, but for those who actually read the drivel I post here, you will recall that Shell and I put our house on the market at the beginning of the summer. Well, with losing Daddy in May, the house getting sold and then the house shopping that ensued, I just have not had time to write or boat.

Things have finally simmered down... Shell and I are in our new house now and pretty much totally unpacked. It's a really cool 1946 English Style Cottage in the Concordia Neighborhood in Portland.



We are working hard to get a few remodeling projects done on the house, so my boating time has suffered, but I have been able to get out and do some paddling... regular weekday playboat trips up on Clackamas with my buddy Aaron, a run down the Class IV Orletta Section of the White Salmon (Wow, what a great run that is... it is technically, the bottom of the Green Truss Section: http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/2270/ ), a couple of "lap" days on the "Middle" section of the White Salmon: http://www.americanwhitewater.org/content/River/detail/id/3064/ and, well, that's about it.

Shell and I are heading down to Utah to see her family in early October and we're hoping that the water on the Payette holds for a few more weeks so we can do some boating on the way down... if not, it should be a great road trip.

Other than that, I got to play some golf with my dad... we spent 4 days at Bandon Dunes and then hit the regular 2-Man Team events in Oregon. We finished 2nd in the SpringHill Chapman, which was a pretty good finish for us. Other than that, we didn't fare too well this year, mainly because my driver decided it didn't want to play golf this summer... oh well. I am breaking down and buying new irons this year... I've finally come to realize that my Hogan blades do not work very well, when one is not playing all that often.

Looking forward, Shell and I are excited to celebrate holidays at our new house, praying for a good winter water-wise, so I can get back on the East Fork of the Lewis and spend some more time exploring the coastal range rivers and, otherwise, enjoying time with our friends and family.

Okay, that's all for now... We're settled in and I'll get back on the regular posts here soon. Until then, walk softly in the wilderness.


Later...
j

No comments:

Post a Comment